First, you need to install the GigSky Data SIM into your unlocked mobile device and configure it to use the GigSky service:
- Ensure that the power is turned off on your device.
- Remove the old SIM (if one is installed), pop out the matching sized GigSky SIM, and install it in your device.
- Power up your device.
- Menu options vary between devices. You need to ensure that the following configuration settings are made:
- Cellular Data -> ON
- Data Roaming -> ON
- APN -> “gigsky” (without quotation marks)
Your device is now configured to use GigSky for mobile data. You may have to wait up to 15 minutes for the SIM card, local network and the GigSky service provider to update each other to allow you to use local data for the first time in a new country. Also, it’s a good idea to check any apps you have running for those that are using push notifications or mobile data, turning off any that are unnecessary. This will reduce the amount of mobile data you’ll be using. Email and social media apps often use data in the background.
The next stage is to create yourself a GigSky account, and add your SIM card to that account. GigSky allows you to connect to the mobile data network in order to create your account without having to pre-buy a data plan. Alternatively, you can use a Wi-Fi connection for the remaining steps.
GigSky believes the best experience is through our free secure app offered on both Apple iTunes or Google Play. You will need to be connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data to download the app. The GigSky app supports 8 languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
To create an account simply follow the steps. The GigSky App supports the following languages….
- Open a web browser and go to https://app.gigsky.com/en/#/login. Depending on your device, you will be taken either to our full website or our mobile website.
- Click the Need to Sign Up link.
- Enter your account details, and click the Sign up button. Your account will be created and you will be signed in automatically.
- Enter the Activation Code of your SIM card (printed on the SIM carrier), a nickname for your SIM, and click Add SIM Card.
- You should now see your GigSky account dashboard, from where you can purchase a data plan for the country in which you want to use GigSky data.
- To start using the plan you just bought, toggle Airplane mode (or if using a Mobile Hotspot, turn it off and on).