Welcome Humble & Fred Listeners!
Welcome to cellular data everywhere with your unlocked smartphone or tablet
Welcome Humble & Fred Listeners!
Celebrate your device being unlocked in Canada with a Free GigSky Data SIM!
GIGSKY 4G LTE
Celebrate your device being unlocked in Canada with a Free GigSky Data SIM*!
*Discount code is for GigSky Data SIM only, Shipping is an additional charge. Discount code only available on GigSky.com
NOW WITH BONUS COVERAGE IN MEXICO AND CANADA
- MULTI-FIT SIM CARD
The GigSky SIM is triple cut for standard, mini, and nano card sizes to fit in your mobile phone, tablet, or Mi-Fi
- 4G LTE DATA
The SIM will connect to 4G LTE networks if available from the carriers in the area you are using data.
- STAY CONNECTED
Stay in touch with friends using Facebook Messenger, Facetime, Skype, Google Hangouts, and Viber.
|300 MB||$10||1 Days|
|500 MB||$15||15 Days|
|1 GB||$20||15 Days|
|2 GB||$30||15 Days|
and pop in your device
configure and activate the SIM
data plan to stay online
What is the GigSky Mobile Hotspot?
The GigSky Mobile Hotspot is a mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot that allows you to share your GigSky network connection with other devices, so they can access the internet. Devices connect to your GigSky Mobile Hotspot using their Wi-Fi feature. While they’re connected you’ll be using data with the purchased GigSky data plan.
How many devices can be connected to Mobile Hotspot at the same time?
You can connect up to 32 devices to the GigSky ZTE Mobile Hotspot
Where does Mobile Hotspot work?
The GigSky Mobile Hotspot will work in all the countries for which the GigSky data service is available. To use the GigSky data service, you must purchase a GigSky data plan for the GigSky Data SIM installed in your hotspot. This can be done by using the GigSky app for iOS and Android devices. The GigSky app always shows the latest coverage and pricing. Coverage and pricing is subject to change.
I'm having trouble using Mobile Hotspot. What should I do?
Go to support.gigsky.com and search for GigSky Mobile Hotspot. If you still need help you may submit a support ticket as well
How do I connect a device to my Mobile Hotspot?
Make sure that your Mobile Hotspot is turned on and that the Wi-Fi indicator shows on the display screen. On your device:
a. Open the Wi-Fi settings and select the name of your GigSky Mobile Hotspot from the list of available networks. You can find the hotspot’s network name on the sticker on the bottom of the hotspot.
b. If prompted, enter the password (WiFi Key) for the hotspot. This is printed on the same sticker.
c. Select Join or Connect. You’re now connected to your GigSky Mobile Hotspot. The Wi-Fi indicator on the hotspot’s display should show the expected number of connected devices.
How do I get started using my GigSky Mobile Hotspot
Follow these steps to get started:
1. If your SIM card is not pre-installed, insert it now. The ZTE MF971V takes a micro-SIM, which is the middle size.
2. Turn on the hotspot. The initial connection to the GigSky mobile data service can take a few minutes. Refer to the Quick Start guide provided with the hotspot to interpret the hotspot display – the hotspot is connected successfully when the display shows two opposing arrows at the top of the display.
3. Connect your Wi-Fi enabled device to the hotspot’s Wi-Fi network. The SSID and Wi-Fi key are engraved on the back of the hotspot. NOTE: iOS devices (iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch) have a feature called Auto-Login which is enabled by default, and can cause your iOS device to be disconnected from the hotspot’s Wi-Fi network. To turn Auto-Login off:
a. On your iOS device, go to Settings / Wi-Fi.
b. Find the hotspot’s Wi-Fi network name in the list of networks, and tap the (i) to the right of the name.
c. Turn off the Auto-Login setting.
d. Reconnect to the hotspot’s Wi-Fi network.
4. If you haven’t already, create a GigSky account by opening a browser and going to https://captive.gigsky.com or by using our smartphone app. You can do this through the connection with the GigSky mobile data service.
5. Log in to your GigSky account and activate the SIM card that’s installed in your hotspot. The SIM card activation code is printed on the card that held the SIM card.
6. Select SIMs, then Activate new SIM.
7. Enter the activation code, a nickname for the SIM card, and add it to your account.
8. To access the internet, you must now buy a GigSky data plan for your location. With both the web client and the app, the dashboard will show the plans for the country in which the SIM card last connected to a network. If you’re working through these instructions with your hotspot, that should be your current location.
a. If you want to buy a data plan for the country shown in the dashboard, select and buy the size of plan that suits your needs. Within seconds, your data balance will be increased and you’ll be able to browse the Internet, check your email, etc.
b. If you want to buy a plan for a different location, select Add data plan from the menu and search for your destination. There are important things to note when using our mobile hotspot:
1. The first time the hotspot is used in a new country, it can take up to 15 minutes to connect and register with our service.
2. Any device connected to the hotspot’s Wi-Fi network will not realize that it’s actually connected to a cellular data network, so any settings that usually restrict data access when connected to a cellular network will be ignored. We suggest turning off push notifications for email and social apps, closing non-essential apps, and powering off the hotspot when you don’t need to use mobile data to reduce excessive data usage. We also recommend that, if you have an iOS or Android device, you use the ZTELink app to manage your hotspot. Connect your iOS or Android device to the hotspot’s Wi-Fi network and start the app.
Why do I use my data more quickly with a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot?
Any device connected to the hotspot’s Wi-Fi network will not realize that it’s actually connected to a cellular data network. It will behave as if it’s connected to a Wi-Fi network (which it is), so any settings that usually restrict data access when connected to a cellular network will be ignored.
To reduce excessive data usage, we suggest turning off push notifications for email and social apps, closing non-essential apps and browser windows, and powering off the hotspot when you don’t need to use mobile data.
Additionally, when using a laptop, turn off any cloud backups, e.g. Dropbox, OneDrive, CrashPlan, which can use data in the background.
What are the technical specifications of the GigSky Mobile Hotspot?
- Chipset: Qualcomm MDM9225
- 4G Radio LTE-FDD: 700(B28)/800(B20)/900(B8)/1800(B3)/2100(B1)/2600(B7)MHz;
- 3G UMTS: 850/900/1900/2100MHz;
- 2G EGPRS/GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- Peak Data Rate: LTE FDD:DL/UL 300/500Mbps (Category6);
- DC-HSPA+: DL/UL 42/5.76Mbps
- Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g/n, 2.4GHz & 5.8G
- Two Mimo antenna sockets
- MicroUSB port
- SIM socket
- standard USIM
- Internal Antenna and External Antenna slot(2)
- Dimensions: 104mm x 64.5mm x 14.05mm
- Weight: 105g
- OS: Win7, Windows XP, Vista, Mac OS
- Battery: Li-Ion battery 2300mAh