To Work Remotely, You Need Reliable Data Connectivity…
GigSky just introduced a Mobile Hotspot that works everywhere GigSky offers service (180+ Countries). I’m a Product Marketing Director at GigSky, and often enjoy working remotely at the local coffee shop. Today I went to my favorite place in Auburn, CA (Depoe Bay Coffee) I fired-up my laptop and attempted to connect to the coffee shop WiFi. No luck. After awaiting and waiting for a connection, I thought about tethering with my smart phone. It was a great idea… until I saw 20% battery on my iPhone -(tethering would hammer what remaining battery was left). Of course, being Saturday, the place is packed and no power outlet is within 6 feet. So, my last resort was my brand new GigSky Mobile Hotspot, with the new GigSky Data SIM – which just happened to be in my backpack (Hey I’m in Product Marketing). So I reached in my bag, and pulled out the new GigSky LTE Mobile Hotspot with the new GigSky Data SIM.
Getting Connected with the GigSky Mobile Hotspot
- I powered- up the GigSky Mobile Hotspot (Battery was still 75% out of the box; fully charged it will work for 11 hours and 500 hrs on Standby).
- The Hotspot now showed ATT GigSky, since the Hotspot is already ready to go and configured for the GigSky Data Service, straight out of the box.
- Launched my GigSky App and Activated the SIM using the camera scanner in the GigSky App.
- Added a North America Plan for the Hotspot (the service is available for US residents), purchased the plan, and connected in a minute.
- I connnected to the Hotspot using Wi-FI on my laptop. I entered the SSID on the back of the Hotspot.
- Success! I now had LTE data to use for writing this article.
The GigSky Mobile Hotspot is a workhorse with LTE radios, long battery life, and works seamlessly with the GigSky SIM. We worked with ZTE to develop an out-of-the-box solution that includes the GigSky Data SIM. You can learn more about the GigSky Mobile Hotspot here. You can connect to up to 32 Wi-Fi connected devices using the Hotspot. I quickly connected, and added my iPhone to the Hotspot (and then remembered the 20% battery and disconnected). I tested the speed of the ATT service. I searched Google for a speed test and here are the results through Measurement Labs (btw this used 40mb of data)
Some Pro Tips using your GigSky Mobile Hotspot
- Turn off Apps you don’t need (You don’t realize how much data your devices run in the background (We have a helpful articles here)
- If using a laptop/tablet don’t have 20 browser windows open (that’s me by the way).
- Make sure that if you add any more devices to the GigSky Mobile Hotspot, that you repeat steps 1 and 2.
One of the great features os this Hotspot is you can always see how much data you have used in your session. Right now I’m at
So when you need data the GigSky Mobile Hotspot is a great solution
Whether you’re working or not, we all need data to stay connected. I was pleased how well the GigSky Mobile Hotspot worked, allowing me to get my work done when the Coffee Shop Wi-Fi was so frustratingly slow. Now I’m going to do some browsing (my connection is fast) and watch a YouTube video or two. (GigSky isn’t throttled like my TMobile connection).
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_btn title=”Learn More About the GigSky Mobile Hotspot” color=”green” link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gigsky.com%2Fgigsky-mobile-hotspot%2F|||”][/vc_column][/vc_row]