Use WhatsApp with GigSky on your next trip
WhatsApp is one of the most widely used messaging apps in the world. So its not an unreasonable ask to be able to use it with the GigSky data service on your next trip. But the GigSky data service, using the GigSky Data SIM or iPad with Apple SIM, doesn’t provide a phone number to use. The solution is very simple if you are a current WhatsApp user with the app installed on your unlocked Apple or Android smartphone.
Setting up your mobile phone for using WhatsApp and GigSky
How to use your WhatsApp account on your unlocked mobile phone (iOS or Android) using the GigSky Data SIM.
- The mobile phone being used for traveling already has an active WhatsApp account configured and activated.
- Remove the current SIM card and install the GigSky Data SIM card (Follow the instructions provided with the GigSky Data SIM card).
- After switching the SIM card to GigSky, WhatsApp will ask you if you want to switch phone numbers, answer “No.”
- You can now use WhatsApp as you did previously now with the GigSky Data SIM and service.
- When you return home from your trip and want to go back to your home carrier service: Power off your device, replace the GigSky Data SIM with your home carrier SIM, and turn the smartphone back on. The home carrier SIM card will automatically reset the phone settings for the carrier on the power up.
- WhatsApp will ask you if you want to switch phone numbers, answer “No.” WhatsApp and your phone will work as expected. You may want to change any settings you changed for WhatsApp since you are now back home.
Another option is using a Apple iPad cellular model with Apple SIM or GigSky Data SIM. Simply tether your mobile phone to the iPad to use WhatsApp for travel. You can also use a Mi-FI hotspot or router with a GigSky Data SIM and tether to your mobile phone to continue to use WhatsApp while traveling.
So now you are good to go with Whatsapp using GigSky data for travel. We would like to share some of our best travel tips using WhatsApp.
How do I completely disable WhatsApp notifications?
Do you have so many contacts that you are receiving a notification every 30 seconds? The simple solution would be to just turn them off. To do this, all you need to do is go to “Settings” and you will find this option either in the notification options or in the application options itself. You can then disable your notifications.
How to turn off the sound on notifications WhatsApp
Getting a little tired of hearing an alert every 10 seconds? Just turn them off! Enter the “Settings” and then in the notifications menu, you can choose whether or not a noise will announce the arrival of new messages. An alternative method is to simply press and hold on a conversation from the main window, then click the crossed-out speaker at the top right.
More helpful tips using WhatsApp (Courtesy of Androidpit.com)
- Basic functions
- Photos & videos
- Blocking and muting
- Privacy and security
- Group chats and mailing lists
- General use
- Connectivity and updates
- Restoring messages
- Other tips and tricks
[/vc_column_text][gem_button corner=”3″ icon_pack=”elegant” text=”Get a GigSky Data SIM to use with Whatsapp on your next trip” hover_background_color=”#000000″ link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gigsky.com%2Fgigsky-data-sim-for-cellular-data-everywhere-you-travel%2F%23buynow|||” background_color=”#22c6d8″][/vc_column][/vc_row]