Make and receive Wi-Fi calls from your Apple iPad Wi-Fi + cellular
- iPad or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later
Make sure that you’re signed in to iCloud and FaceTime with the same Apple ID that you use on your iPhone. Also make sure that your devices have the latest software. This is a critical step.
To place a Wi-Fi call from your iPad, follow these steps.
Call from your iPad
- If you haven’t added your device yet—which allows it to use Wi-Fi Calling—add it.
- Open FaceTime.
- Tap Audio.
- Enter a contact or phone number and tap .
You can also place a call by tapping a phone number in Contacts, Mail, Messages, Safari, and other apps.
Add a device
Make sure that the device you want to add has the latest version of software. Then follow these steps:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Phone and turn on Wi-Fi Calling, then turn on Calls on Other Devices.
- Tap Add Wi-Fi Calling For Other Devices.
- On your other devices, sign in to iCloud and FaceTime with the same Apple ID and password that you use on your iPhone.
- Turn on Wi-Fi Calling:
- On your iPad or iPod touch, go to Settings > FaceTime > Calls from iPhone and tap Upgrade to Wi-Fi Calling.
- When a six-digit code appears, enter it on your iPhone and tap Allow.
- On your iPhone, make sure that Wi-Fi Calling and Allow Calls on Other Devices are on, and that your device appears under Allow Calls On.
- Make sure that you’re using the same Apple ID for FaceTime and iCloud on your iPhone and your other device.
Remove a device
If you don’t want to use Wi-Fi Calling from one of your devices, you can remove it:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Phone > Calls on Other devices.
- In the list of devices, turn off Wi-Fi Calling for the device that you want to remove.
If you can’t turn on or use Wi-Fi Calling, make sure that your carrier offers Wi-Fi Calling and that your devices have the latest software. Then, follow these steps if you can’t turn on Wi-Fi Calling or make a Wi-Fi call. Wait two minutes before you go from one step to the next.
- Go to Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling and make sure that Wi-Fi Calling is on.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Connect to a different Wi-Fi network. Not all Wi-Fi networks work with Wi-Fi Calling.
- Turn Wi-Fi Calling off and then on again.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings.
Learn about GigSky data plans for iPad Look for Special Offer for $5 discount on your data plan purchase. There’s a code on the page that you simply enter at sign-up if you are a new customer, or at checkout if you are an existing customer.
Promo codes for discount on iPhone plan are also available here: GigSky data plans for iPhone